Dec 5 mass e-mail

I'm in Conakry right now, and probably this is my last email access for a while. So far it's pretty hot and extremely humid. The airport was an insane mess of people grabbing bags, politely shoving each other around, etc. Some woman kept running her cart into me until I looked at her and still didn't move. It was a lot of fun.

Since then we've been in the Peace Corps compound for orientation. So basically lots of meetings and more vaccines. Tomorrow we have interviews to determine our level of French. I'm hoping to move straight into local language training. If I don't get that, I'm going to feel rather bad about myself. I'm sure I will, though.

We stepped out of the compound onto the insanely dirty beach nearby and played football with some Guinean(s). It was really just one guy we threw the ball to. His return throws were good sometimes, but mostly wild. Still, it was a lot of fun.

No comments: