Photos 2

One of the last mornings we had to travel for a training session I was able to capture this image crossing a bridge in Basse Guinea. It has a bit more special meaning for me now because I saw fog again this week for the first time since I took this photo when coming into Conakry from Haute Guinea. I have to admit I got pretty excited to see so much water just dancing around the morning breezes. We get particles waltzing through our air in Haute Guinea, but dust is never so nice as water.

It's pretty hot in Haute Guinea, so there are nights we all pull our mattresses into the living room and crash on the floor en masse. Lately, though, we've taken to pulling the mattresses outside onto the porch (see photo below) where we're each able to set up a mosquito net.


Just before installation, I was able to capture a wonderful moment at the Kankan transit house. Reading is a popular hobby here, as is washing clothes.


No comments: