Random Photos

Atop the Peace Corps car so I could take a photo of other volunteers; our car broke a brake pad and got a flat, extending our trip by several hours and giving us that much more time to sing songs and enjoy good conversation and good company.


The Peace Corps vehicle I took in to Conakry for July 4 and a JET meeting was a bit packed. Having nowhere to lean and sleep, I made a sling for myself with my pagne/towel.


I was weeding in my back yard one day when a chameleon fell out of either my mango tree or the neighbor's, landing right next to me. I picked it up on a stick and played with it for a while before it got too boring.


The mango tree in my back yard has huge mangos, but the majority of them are harboring worms. Bad luck.


Working hard, making raised beds for the rainy season garden at Jess's site. Also while visiting Jess, we intended to work with the school to help them create a garden to improve their nutrition. Unfortunately, they stopped going to school before term ended and the project didn't get too far. Jess lighting charcoal on fire to cook me a fantastic dinner at her site while I was in town to work on a Moringa olifera garden at her health center.
In honor of our successful arrival to IST and the end of our first three months at site, I decided to decorate myself with a map of Guinea - company for the moustache contest we had that ended up just being a moustache having. We never did decide who had the best one officially, though unofficially Alex's moustache was fantastic.
This is another holdover from training. I left this chicken behind by accident. I'm sure someone's eaten it by now. No matter; I have my cat. And I can always get a new chicken if I get hungry some day.




I took this photo during training. Buildings often have doors long before they are finished. Had I been a day earlier with my camera, it would've been even better: there was a bare minimum frame, the door, and the windown: not even all those sticks for a wall were there yet.

No comments: