Around the house

My soy, a small nursery, and my cooking hut. The pile of sand in the background is for an eventual new house my family wants to build. They won't have enough money to buy cement for another year or two. Houses are always built bit by bit here. Many of my neighbors grow corn in their houses during the long years between being able to afford the walls and being able to afford the roof.

A view of the same that's less attractive photographically, but will help you see what's actually going on here.

This is my hut, seen from under my family's mango tree. I built the hut on the right and you can sort of see my rain gauge in front of it.

Formerly the hut of the young boys, now the cooking hut of the first wife. Why? Half of her former cooking hut fell down a month ago. The walls on the porch of the house and the walls of the house itself were completed about four months ago.

The cooking hut of the second wife. That's Nyari on the bed out front. He spends his days on a zip line that runs from the mango tree to the far side of the interior of this hut. He plays around behind their hut when they're home amid the lentils and tomatoes I'm growing back there and the mango nursery I planted with my brother.

The rain gauge, and my cooking hut with its newest roof extension. In the background: my neighbor the mechanic. His video club is just behind my hut, hidden from view by my brick wall.

My small garden in the back yard. A giant millet plant, butternut squash, and three pineapples are doing the best. The bushy plants are from bulbs. I constantly harvest the leaves to compost them.

My three compost pits, manure bucket, and gmelina nursery. There are also two lingues in the gmelina nursery for whatever reason.
Overview of the back yard with my small mango tree.


My fancy reclining chair with an expandable footrest in the back yard. Those morgina trees can also be seen in the first photo of this post, lining the edge of the cooking hut where they will grow to one day be a wall. The leaves are edible and make a nice tea. This is how I dispose of my trash.

No comments: