The Turtle

My brother caught this turtle and wanted me to take a photo. When I took a video, he insisted I show it to my friends. That's his little sister next to him.

David: What are you doing?

Lansiné: I'm cutting it open.

D: Cutting it open... What's that called?

L: A turtle.

D: A turtle? What are you going to do with it?

L: Cook it.

D: Cook it!?

L: And eat it.

D: And eat it!? Is it good?

L: It's really good.

D: That's awesome.

For those of you who are disgusted by the fact that he's eating a turtle, note two things: One, he's a kid, turtles, lizards, and songbirds are about all kids are able to hunt. If it's his dad who hunts it, he won't get to eat much. When the kids kill something, they all share it with each other. Two: the distended belly his little sister is sporting is caused by a lack of protein in diet, which leads to the under development of her abdominal muscles.

No comments: